Wednesday, April 8, 2009

In which things are explained

So, here it is! A new blog, separate from Ashley and the November Novel. This blog has an entirely different purpose from its predecessor, though both are still important. Let me explain.

A few days ago, I carried on the following conversation on Skype with my friend Kylie:
  • Kylie says: I have like 2000 blogs
  • Ashley says: hahahaha
  • Kylie says: Regular, Buffy, Poetry, story
  • Ashley says: I've had that many... ish
  • Ashley says: I THOUGHT ABOUT HAVING ONE FOR STORIES
  • Ashley says: like excerpts I think up?
  • Kylie says: I have it so when I'm else where I can add what I think of
  • Kylie says: YEAH!
  • Kylie says: When I come up with something, I can log on anywhere and add it!
  • Ashley says: I SHOULD SET OUT TO WRITE ONE LITTLE EXCERPT OF A STORY EVERY SINGLE DAY.
  • Kylie says: DO IT
  • Ashley says: I'm making it AS WE SPEAK.
And so I did. I made the blog here on Blogger since I'm familiar with it. I tweaked the layout so that it looks similar to the ashleywrimo one, with only a few differences (orientation, link color). Now, I have no more excuses. I have to just do it.

If I'm honest with myself, this mostly seems like a good idea to me because I'm constantly wishing I had more motivation to write. I'm hoping by setting out to write an excerpt daily, it will open doors to the worlds I only half-think-up during my day. I'm constantly getting ideas, but I write them off immediately because I don't think they can be expounded upon. But I'm not even trying to see if they work!

So no more excuses! I'm going to do this thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All text Copyright © 2009 Ashley Scripter. All rights reserved.

Civil, non-ignorant criticism welcome. Compliments always received with a smile.